Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Location: South Dublin
Salary: €65-80k DOE
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible to lead and support complex projects.
This individual will know how to work well within a team and is highly customer service focused.
The Engineer requires significant engineering expertise, a highly disciplined work ethic, an aptitude
for organizational navigation to ensure timely completion of deliverables, forward technological
thinking and the ability to solve problems independently and on the fly.
It is critical that this individual is able to run end to end assessment, design and architecture and implementation projects. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory. Technical experience and certifications in Data Protection, SAN/NAS, Disaster Recovery, VMware, and Microsoft
technologies are required. DELL EMC technical experience is preferred. Experience working in
successful, high growth organizations will be a plus.
- Day to day work in client environments
- Communicate easily with senior client IT personnel, front-line client IT personnel and coworkers.
- Provide best practices and valuable guidance to clients on various technology platforms.
- Deploy archiving, backup and other related data protection products
- Hands-on SAN/NAS/Unified Storage deployments.
- Work within various MS Server platforms and related MS product deployments.
- Hands-on VMware design, implementation and conversion projects.
- Develop professional solution/technical documentation.
- Potentially assist/lead in designing and implementing technical disaster recovery plans.
- Work aggressively to meet pre-determined project deadlines and benchmarks.
- Schedule 1:1 meetings on a weekly basis with manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to develop rapport with clients and co-workers.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in an environment with changing priorities keeping customer service as the prime focus.
- Ability to perform in a constantly changing and growing environment.
- Enjoys working in a busy environment.
- Ability to design and develop solutions to meet client needs that present measurable value.
- Strong experience with implementing/supporting/troubleshooting DELL EMC Networker and related technologies such as Data Domain.
- Strong experience with SAN, NAS design, implementation and large data centre environments, preferably DELL EMC.
- Strong experience with Disaster Recovery technologies such as DELL EMC RecoverPoint and VPLEX.
- Strong experience with VMware design, implementation, administration and management.
- Strong experience with implementing/supporting/troubleshooting Microsoft technologies.
- Strong experience and understanding of servers, tape libraries, switches, routers and firewalls.
- Minimum 5 years technical and infrastructure experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in storage infrastructure, virtualization, Microsoft fields.
Experience with the following technologies would be definite assets:
- DELL EMC Networker
- DELL EMC SAN/NAS/Unified Storage
- DELL EMC RecoverPoint and VPLEX
- Post-Secondary Business or Computer Science degree/diploma (or equivalent work experience)
- Current MCITP or MCSE
- VMware VCP5 or VCP6
- SAN Certifications
85/86 Grafton Street
Phone: +353 1 6797766
Web Page: https://www.firstaff.ie/it-jobs-dublin/