Tax Free Chief Operating Officer
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: €200k + 35% bens
Direct and lead the provision of all our client's operational activities and services, including Airport Operations & Planning, Fire & Rescue Services.
Responsible for maintaining full operational readiness for emergencies, ensuring the efficient and effective provision of aeronautical services to passengers, airlines, and aviation logistics clients, in a safe, secure, and customer oriented setting, in line with our client's company strategy, regulatory and quality standard requirements.
Scope of Supervision
- Airport Operations Director
- Operations Planning Manager
- Operations Duty Managers
- Fire & Rescue Services Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Articulate, develop and update the Operational Division’s strategy in compliance with our client's strategy, leading its execution in line with their short, medium, and long term goals and objectives.
- Ensure that all our client's operational activities are conducted in a safe, secure, efficient and customer-oriented fashion, in line with our client's strategy, regulatory and quality standard requirements.
- Develop the Operational business plans, KPIs and milestones in line with our client's strategy, ensuring departmental annual plans are in line with the divisional business plan.
- Develop the divisional budget and ensure departmental budget are in line with the divisional budget, and set in accordance to our client's budgeting policies and processes.
- Oversee all expenditures within the division and ensure that all divisional procurement decisions are taken in line with our client's Finance and Procurement policies and processes.
- Monitor the financial performance of the division against the approved budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting on variances to the Finance Division and formulate corrective measures and plans to optimise financial performance of the division.
- Monitor the operational performance of the division against the approved targets and KPIs, and takes the necessary corrective and preventive measures, in coordination with the Corporate Performance Management department, to enhance performance and better serve the business.
- Contribute to formulating and updating our client's vision and strategy as it relates to operational activities and plans, and provide operational insight to the strategic decision-making process to drive our client's short, medium and long term objectives.
- Deputy for the Operation VP as required.
- Ensure that the overall business and Operational strategy is communicated and understood by all Operations employees, and all employees generally (for the Operations strategy).
- Oversee the recruitment and development of an experienced and qualified workforce in the Operations Division.
- Oversee appropriate workflow management between direct reports through appropriate delegation of work.
- Set individual objectives of direct reports and periodically evaluate their performance in a fair, transparent and objective manner in accordance with our client's policies and employee performance management procedures, and oversee setting of appropriate individual objectives as well as the performance evaluation of employees in the division.
- Develop the manpower needs of the division in coordination with department managers and properly plan the optimal allocation and effective use of its resources.
- Ensure a proper partnership is established within and among departments of the Operations Division through implementing well-integrated systems and communication channels, to better serve our client's business needs.
- Instill a culture focused on continuous improvement and positive change orientation, exercised through interactions with his management team, and encouraged through the design and delivery of change programs and initiatives including coaching and mentoring, and on the job training. Place particular emphasis on developing this culture within the team of direct reports.
- Ensure that all HR policies and processes are applied according to HR regulations.
- Lead the development and implementation of airport operational policies and processes, in line with SAVC policy framework and national/international regulations, and ensure operations are performed according to airport SHE, Security and Quality standards.
- Oversee the management of all airfield, apron and terminal operations, for the main passenger terminals, as well as the Cargo Terminal, in accordance with SHE, Security and Quality standards, to ensure the efficient and safe processing of exiting, entering and transiting of passengers and cargo at the airport.
- Oversee the development and management of all airport operational plans, policies and processes; ensuring the effective coordination of all operational activities across the airport through integrated short and long-term operational planning.
- Oversee the development and management of all sources of aeronautical revenue, and developing innovative solutions to grow existing revenue streams and support new business opportunities while maintaining a pipeline of potential new aeronautical revenue streams, in line with airport revenue targets.
- Oversee the administration of all operational systems to ensure full coverage 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Oversee the identification and elimination of sources of inefficiencies in Operations units to increase productivity, reduce cost and streamline operations to the benefit of process improvements, work completion rates, the financial situation of the departments, and airport customer satisfaction.
- Lead the monitoring and resolving of sources of operational delays, as a result of process inefficiencies pertaining to operational planning, flight scheduling and delays, inventory management, work order and preventative maintenance, etc.
- Oversee the development and management of critical relationships with government ministries and agencies operating in the airport, with support of the Government Affairs.
- Lead the development and management of critical external relationships with airlines, cargo companies and other aeronautical customers and stakeholders, on behalf of the airport.
- Ensure a Person-in-Control is present to take critical Operational, SHE and Security decisions on behalf of the Operations division, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Key Internal Relationships
- VP - support the VP with managing the relationship with international airports and trade organisations.
- All Functions – When deputizing for the VP.
- Quality Assurance, SHE, Security – Ensure that Operations activities align with HSE, security and QA standards.
- Commercial Services –Ensure that non-aeronautical revenue streams within the airport are supported.
- Security and, Strategy & Government Relations – manage external stakeholders critical to airport operations and ensure the security of the airport.
- Internal Audit - To cooperate with internal audits of his function.
Key External Relationships
- All External Stakeholders – when deputizing for VP.
- Government Ministries, Agencies and Airport Service Providers – ensure efficient provision of services within the airport (e.g. immigration).
- Airlines and Aeronautical customers– To manage passenger experience and efficient processing of flights, develop aeronautical revenue and agree service levels.
- GACA, SAVC and international regulators - managing the airport within the regulatory constraints.
- External Auditors – Cooperate with external audits of his function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or equivalent.
- MBA preferred.
Firstaff Personnel Consultants,
85/86 Grafton Street,
Dublin 2, Ireland.
Email : email@example.com
Phone :+353 1 6797766
Mobile : +353 86 252 9015
Web Page: https://www.firstaff.ie/executive-jobs/
Skype : paulmalahide
linkedin : https://ie.linkedin.com/in/pauldooley