Dublin North / West M50, N/M3
Our client provides a range of engineering services and are seeking a Purchasing Administrator to join our team. They are a custom automation solutions company specialising in the design and manufacturing of bespoke plastic welding and component joining equipment. It is an exciting and busy environment with plenty of challenging and dynamic projects. Due to continued success in the international market the company is expanding with this dynamic and busy role.
This is a new position to the business that will support the engineering department. This role will procure raw materials required for in-house production. This will also include liaising with suppliers from around the world to source and purchase the necessary components always ensuring quality and delivery dates are achieved.
- Compliance responsibilities for the procurement function ensuring that all records are kept up-to-date and audit presentable.
- Maintaining supplier records; sending supplier set-up forms and analysing the documents returned for full completion. Implementing checks to current records for audit compliance.
- Placing Purchase Order according to established policies and procedures. Entering and monitoring Purchase Orders using QuickBooks and the project plan.
- Following up on supplier purchase orders, and regular generation of supplier forecasts.
- Supplier relationship management; interacting with suppliers and customers via telephone, e-mail and meetings. Regularly assess supplier performance.
- Preparation of documentation for reporting at regular supply chain meetings; evaluating supplier performance and reliability through formal reporting with defined metrics of quality delivery and performance.
- Manage the critical path and ensuring key dates are met, highlighting any issues to the project manager.
- Tracking and coordinating with logistics for inbound shipments.
- Support finance and all other internal departments with any queries.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the business’ needs and requirement of the position.
- 2+ years previous experience in manufacturing purchasing would be very beneficial.
- Leaving cert/or relevant Third level certification or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office and strong IT Skills
- Experience in QuickBooks advantageous
- Systems experience or a clear demonstration of the ability to learn and use systems quickly
- The ideal candidate will be confident with a pro-active approach to work and willingness to learn. Strong admin, planning and organisational skills will also be required.
- Highly organised, smart, energetic, enthusiastic person with attention to detail when performing tasks, ability to anticipate and manage problems with a capability to prioritise and escalate where necessary.
- Ability to communicate with other team members and suppliers, at all times, in an effective, pleasant, courteous and tactful manner.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client's requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Firstaff Personnel Consultants
85-86 Grafton Street
Tel: + 353 1 6797766
Web Page: https://www.firstaff.ie/jobs
Linked In: https://ie.linkedin.com/pub/angela-dunne/10/159/115