Software Engineering Manager (Front-End)
Salary: €Neg DOE
*NB - Candidates must be eligible to work in Europe or have a work permit in place to be considered for this role*
You will be responsible for developing front end (or full stack) software for consumer facing products and e-commerce solutions across more than 80 countries. Your responsibilities will include rapid development of prototypes/concepts, and regular product development.
You will also be responsible for hiring, leading, and managing a team of software engineers to design and create new consumer applications that reach our client's customers. You should have start-up experience where you have quickly developed prototypes and catalysed product development in a fast paced, fluid environment. You are a hands-on developer with front-end experience while you are hiring and building the team. You are experienced with agile development and a champion of software development best practices.
- Experience as a front-end software engineer, designing and creating code, and served as a tech lead.
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS along with authoring tools.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures.
- Experience with SiteCore or CMS development important.
- Experience developing code with AWS, Google App Engine, Azure, or other major cloud providers
- Ability to do technical interviewing, to assist with building a highly functioning team of software engineers.
- You will spend the majority of your time hands on development of software.
- You will spend the rest of your time as the manager of a development team, responsible for hiring, compensation, and employee career development.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years work experience developing front-end software
- Strong software design skills and knowledge of design patterns
- Expertise in and experience developing consumer-facing products
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools (Jira) and CI/CD best practices
- A passion for cars and developments in the auto industry
- Full-stack development experience is a big plus (e.g. developing back-end REST services)
- Understanding of CMS systems, such as Drupal and SiteCore
- Understanding of Microsoft .NET and Azure technologies
- Experience developing mobile applications
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client's requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Firstaff Personnel Consultants,
85/86 Grafton Street
Tel: 01 6797766
Web Page: https://www.firstaff.ie/it-jobs-dublin/
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shane-nolan-952617153/