Tax Free Executive Vice President Air Systems
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: c. €1,000,000
The EVP Air Systems will provide strategic leadership and oversight of the Business Division Air Systems. In the company's first phase, he will focus on the establishment of the Business Division and its operating companies. He will be driving the establishment of relevant partnerships with selected foreign OEM in strong and continuous alignment with the overall strategy of our client's, the needs of the Saudi Armed Forces and future export markets. The EVP Air Systems will report to the CEO and will supervise the CEOs of the individual operating companies which might be fully controlled affiliate companies or JV with foreign OEM.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Recommends the Business Division annual Strategic Plan to the Executive Management Team under the lead of the CEO
- Provides overall strategic direction and leadership concerning his Business Division
- Full P&L responsibility over his Business Division
- Drives the Company's strategic partnership selection process and recommends new partners
- Recommends the creation of new programs into the Business Division's portfolio
- Works closely with the Central procurement and force development units within the Armed forces to identify needs and establish priorities with regards to the development of the Business Division capabilities
- Recommends the annual Financial and Business Plan to the Executive Management Team under the lead of the CEO to ensure financing of short- and long-term goals
- Oversees fiscal activities and assume financial accountability: preparation and approval of divisional budgets, submission of financial statements
- Develops and adapts the organization structure of the Business Division in line with the strategic direction given by the CEO
- Supervises the recruitment of the management teams within the operating companies
- Ensures that Heads of Business Units and operating companies meet individual and organizational KPIs and perform as expected
- Sets the performance metrics and endorses performance evaluations for his top management team
Program and Project oversight:
- Develops clear understanding of the existing inventories and their strength across all branches of the Military forces
- Works with Defense planners, strategists, foreign military procurement specialists to identify the best partner for technology transfer
- Works with senior departmental subordinates to establish operations policies and procedures, accountability systems, performance reviews, etc.
- Approves program implementation plans that will ensure the efficient and effective achievement of the strategic objectives
- Approves the results of project monitoring and evaluation and terminates funded projects where necessary
- Negotiates and secures licensing of assembly rights and patents from original manufacturers of equipment in close coordination with the CTO
- Identifies, screens and establishes relationships with suppliers of materials that can be sourced locally
Negotiation and partnerships:
- Ensures the recruitment of a highly skilled workforce
- Enters into cooperation with Research Institute, Universities and foreign aeronautics or defence contractors to develop the Company's capabilities and work force (in coordination with the CTO and Head of Business Development)
- Supervises the construction of respective Company facilities
- Sets up quality standards (ISO) across all stages of production
- Supports Directors in the fulfillment of their duties
- During the construction phase, provides bi-monthly project status reports indicating accomplishments vis-à-vis plans and potential drawbacks for succeeding stages of construction
The EVP will possess and demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Market and Industry Knowledge: The successful candidate will have deep understanding and knowledge of the Aeronautics or Defence industry and awareness of its dynamics and strategic challenges; awareness of current trends and ability to benchmark against existing trends and best practices.
- Strategic orientation: The successful candidate will demonstrate a visionary yet focused mind-set. He will possess a comfort with ambiguity, and the self-drive and direction to craft a vision and create structure within the ambiguity. In addition, the candidate will bring in the experience of significant reallocation of resources within a diverse product portfolio and an understanding of how to address local needs within the framework of the global corporate priorities.
- Collaboration and influencing skills: The successful candidate must be able to successfully operate within a matrix organization. Importantly, he must be a strong communicator and will possess a strong, yet tactful approach, and a collaborative style. The individual must understand the key internal and external stakeholders and work with each to achieve the desired results.
- Team leadership: The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to set and then motivate his or her team to meet challenging and high quality standards while meeting timeline objectives. He will have the ability to command respect through initiative, leadership, and technical competence. The successful candidate will have high-energy and charismatic personal style, which creates commitment and enthusiasm in the organization to achieve stretched goals; this will be someone who is continuously on the outlook for his talent pool, seeking ways to develop it through challenging objectives and assignments; this is someone who proactively leads change and creates the following.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client's requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Firstaff Personnel Consultants,
85/86 Grafton Street,
Dublin 2, Ireland.
Email : email@example.com
Phone :+353 1 6797766
Mobile : +353 86 252 9015
Web Page: https://www.firstaff.ie/executive-jobs/
Skype : paulmalahide
linkedin : https://ie.linkedin.com/in/pauldooley