Tax Free Safety Director
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Salary: c. €250k
*NB: Applicants must have 10 years aviation and Aerodrome Safety experience*
To oversee all SHE audit and inspections, and the development and implementation of SHE policies,
processes, programmes and airport control measures in line with SAVC policy frameworks, and national/international standards and regulations, with the objective of ensuring airport management and operation adherence to all SHE systems, while minimizing safety incidences and ‘near miss’ incidences within our client's Company.
Scope of Supervision:
• Safety Assurance Manager (x1)
• Occupational Health Manager (x1)
• Environment Protection Manager (x1)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Articulate, develop and update the Safety, Health and Environment Division’s strategy in compliance with our client's strategy, and lead its execution in line with our client's short, medium, and long term goals and objectives.
- Develop the Safety, Health and Environment business plans, KPIs and milestones in line with our client's strategy, and ensures departmental annual plans are in line with the divisional business plan.
- Develop the divisional budget and ensure departmental budget are in line with the divisional budget, and set in accordance to our client's budgeting policies and processes.
- Oversee all expenditures within the division and ensure that all divisional procurement decisions are taken in line with our client's Finance and Procurement policies and processes.
- Monitor the financial performance of the division against the approved budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting on variances to the Finance Division and formulate corrective measures and plans to optimise financial performance of the division.
- Monitor the operational performance of the division against the approved targets and KPIs, and takes the necessary corrective and preventive measures, in coordination with the Corporate Performance Management department, to enhance performance and better serve the business.
- Oversee the development and approval of business cases for all divisional projects, and present them to the Airport DG (as well as our client's SAVC Board) for approval.
- Oversee all decision-making within the Division’s functional scope and delegate non-strategic decisions to department managers appropriately.
- Support the Airport DG in formulating and updating our client's vision and strategy as it applies to SHE, and provide strategic insight to the strategic decision-making process to drive and ensure the achievement of our client's short, medium and long term objectives.
- Ensure that the overall business and SHE strategy is communicated and understood by all SHE employees, and all employees generally (for the SHE strategy).
- Oversee the recruitment and development of an experienced and qualified workforce in the SHE Division.
- Set individual objectives of direct reports and periodically evaluate their performance in a fair, transparent and objective manner in accordance with our client's policies and employee performance management procedures, and oversee setting of appropriate individual objectives as well as the performance evaluation of employees in the division.
- Develop the manpower needs of the division in coordination with department managers and properly plan the optimal allocation and effective use of its resources.
- Follow up on the implementation of action plans and operational programs, and the division’s main objectives, prioritizing the achievement of our client's goals; and provide guidance and instruction to subordinates on appropriate solutions to the difficult problems that may hinder the proper implementation.
- Instill a culture focused on continuous improvement and positive change orientation through the design and delivery of change programs and initiatives including coaching and mentoring, and on the job training.
- Ensure that all HR policies and processes are applied according to HR regulations.
- Oversee the formulation and development of SHE audit policies, procedures, processes and work flows, and ensure its effective and systematic implementation, in line with Company Strategy, SAVC policy frameworks and national/international regulations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all SHE audit and inspection programmes for both the airport and associated estate, in line with SAVC policy frameworks and national/international regulations.
- Oversee the setting of incident reporting protocols including riddor, near miss and incidence management, ensuring the appropriate collation and analysis of SHE data, to enhance SHE policies and processes, as well as identify and report trends to our client's Company Leadership Team and all appropriate regulatory bodies, in line with SAVC policy frameworks and national/international regulations.
- Lead the relationship with national and international regulators on issues of SHE for the airport, ensuring that SHE Division employees follow up with approved amendments adopted by the International Civil Aviation Organisation and GACA, and evaluate feasibility of adopting those measures within our client's Company.
- Support the Airport DG in managing the relationship with the Airport Safety Board.
- Oversee the development and implementation of an appropriate occupational health regime, including regular occupational health assessments of our client's activities and jobs in high-risk areas, in line with SAVC policy frameworks and national/international regulations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a public health inspection regime for all premises in the airport and real estate, in line with SAVC policy frameworks and national/international regulations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of an environmental inspection regime for all premises in the airport and real estate, to manage the environmental impact of the airport and its associated activities, in line with SAVC policy frameworks and national/international regulations.
- Oversee the regular review of policies and procedures, to identify SHE risk areas and ensure corrective action is taken as necessary.
- Lead the development and dissemination of airport safety and culture awareness programs, through conducting workshops and meetings with the relevant stakeholders.
- Lead the review of structural designs for maintenance, engineering and real estate development divisions, to identify defects that may create health, safety and environmental risks, and ensure the proper measures are taken to mitigate risks as per the approved standards and regulations.
- Ensure that SHE policies and control processes are complied with during planning and implementation of new airport projects.
Key Internal Relationships:
- Airport DG - Support the Airport DG in managing the relationship with the Airport Safety Board.
- All Functions– To ensure that all relevant functions are in line to and are familiar with quality, safety and environmental standards, and in adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Strategy & Government Affairs – To manage regulatory relationships and reporting.
- Engineering, Maintenance, Real-Estate Development – To ensure that all infrastructure designs pose no SHE risks.
- Internal Audit – Cooperate with internal audits of risks & controls in their division.
Key External Relationships:
- Airlines & Tenants – Liaise to conduct SHE audits/inspections.
- Government ministries, agencies, national regulators and local communities – managing environmental impact of the airport.
- SAVC – Develop and align with the SAVC SHE policy framework.
- GACA – Regulatory reporting on SHE issues and coordination with the Air Investigations Bureau.
- International Regulators - Regulatory reporting on SHE issues.
- External Auditors – Cooperate with external audits of his function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Safety Management or equivalent.
- Professional Qualification in Safety, Health and Environment or equivalent.
- MBA Preferred.
- Min of 15 years’’ experience with a Master’s Degree, 18 years’ experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years’ experience with a PHD.
If you are interested in this role, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client's requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.