Tax Free Airlines Director of Maintenance & Engineering
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Salary: €200k + bens
Ensure our client's fleet of aircraft are maintained to the highest technical standards in full legal compliance with requirements, Aircraft Manufacturer’s Maintenance Plans / Program, and compliant with our client's Company Policies.
Key Accountabilities / Substantial Responsibilities:
- Nature and scope of influence a position has on its area of responsibility/ operation.
- Implementing programs to improve the safety and efficiency of the aircraft operation; improving aircraft reliability and efficiency of maintenance, providing equipment intended to improve passenger comfort and service, and cargo transport, and selecting the best materials and products for purchase with constant attention to safety, efficiency, economy, and attractiveness of our client's fleet.
- Evaluates all maintenance related measures as presented by the Engineering Department for inclusion on our client's aircraft if not Airworthiness Directive (AD) mandated.
- Direct & ensure all maintenance activities are compliant.
- Enforce standards of safety followed by maintenance personnel employed by our client.
- Ensure all new personnel under his authority are properly trained and qualified to perform the tasks they are assigned.
- Provide efficient administration of properly qualified and contracted maintenance personnel.
- Implement new or improved practices to increase the safety and efficiency of the Maintenance program.
- Provides long range planning and scheduling of material and manpower to meet the requirements and objectives of the Maintenance Department.
- Participate/monitor contracted maintenance agreements for all contracted airframe, engine and component maintenance and modifications.
- Monitors contracted maintenance agreements for all contracted airframe, engine and component maintenance and modifications.
- Promote a Safety Culture within the Organization.
- Ascertain that all work contracted out meets the requirements of our client's maintenance standards.
- Position’s responsibility for communications both within and outside the organization.
- Select, assign, and when necessary, discipline or discharge personnel in the Maintenance Department.
- Provide long range planning and scheduling of material and manpower to meet the requirements and objectives of the Maintenance Department.
- Identify, develop and make ideas, techniques, procedures, services, or products.
- Establish procedures to improve the efficiency of the department and develop methods for reducing maintenance and overhaul costs, improving operating performance and reliability, and for maintaining high standards of quality of work performed.
- Review and approve all flight schedules to ensure that enough ground time has been established for the proper servicing of the aircraft.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Hold a mechanic certificate with airframe and powerplant ratings.
- Have 1 year of experience in a position responsible for returning aircraft to service.
- Have 3 years’ experience within the past 6 years in one or a combination of the following:
- Maintaining large aircraft with 10 or more passenger seats, including at the time of appointment as director of maintenance, experience in maintaining the same category and class of aircraft as the certificate holder uses; or
- Repairing aircraft in a certificated airframe repair station rated to maintain aircraft in the same category and class of aircraft as the certificate holder uses.
Competencies: Advanced Level
- Leadership / Communication / Planning/Organising / Judgement & Analysis / Negotiation/Influencing /Decision Making / Problem Solving / Business Acumen.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client's requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Firstaff Personnel Consultants,
85/86 Grafton Street,
Dublin 2, Ireland.
Email : email@example.com
Phone :+353 1 6797766
Mobile : +353 86 252 9015
Web Page: https://www.firstaff.ie/aviation/
Linkedin : https://ie.linkedin.com/in/pauldooley