Trainee Branch Manager
Location: South West Dublin
Salary: €30,000 - €32,500.
Our client, is a leading European Equipment Hire companies with two locations in Ireland,is seeking to hire a Trainee Branch Manager for their South West Dublin branch.
The ideal candidate will be a Graduate with a strong commercial acumen seeking to join a company with a view to developing a career at management level. Alternatively, an ambitious individual with a strong commercial awareness and a background in sales, marketing or business.
The vision is that the 'Trainee Branch Manager' will spend a number of months working across all areas of the business (accounts, customer service, warehousing and sales) so as to gain a full understanding of the overall operations of the business. This will provide the successful candidate with a broad and comprehensive knowledge of the business, our customers and product range as well as familiarising them with the branch objectives and targets, company commercial policies etc. In addition you will work alongside the MD, shadowing and learning the job as you go. The objective being that the successful candidate will progress to Branch Manager being responsible and accountable for the effective operations and profitability of the branch.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate with the desire and motivation to work in a management role.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (leadership, motivation, coaching).
- Excellent Selling/Negotiating skills - previous sales experience desirable.
- Drivers Licence, highly desirable
- Good organisation skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Fully computer literate with full knowledge of MS Office packages.
- Encourage / Promote / Customer Focused / Target Focused / Self-Motivated / Team Player / Professional & Articulate.
- Receptive to change.
- Transparent Open Communicator.
- Resilient - able to cope with demands and workload.
- Proactive Approach to change with a desire for personal development.
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Knowledge of business procedures and basic employment law.
- Knowledge in equipment hire services and/or quoting hire rates.
- Health and Safety at Work Act.
When you progress to Branch Manager, your day-to-day tasks would typically involve:
- Motivating staff through leadership, teamwork and personal example.
- Identify training and development needs by conducting regular performance reviews.
- Ensure performance standards are maintained in line with company objectives.
- Facilitate regular branch meetings.
- Effectively manage the day to day human resource issues such as recruitment, staff grievances, disciplinaries, effective deployment of staff, correct submission of time sheets.
- Monitor sales targets.
- Undertake site surveys to ensure provision of high quality service.
- Develop and maintain strong positive customer relationships.
- Responsible for the generation of profitable branch turnover and increase in customer base in order to maximise company profit by matching and exceeding budget while controlling costs.
- Manage stock inventory.
- Liaise with technical staff to ensure all equipment is maintained.
- Manage the cost-effective use of branch staff and service delivery.
- Produce and submit reports and documentation as required.
- To undertake training as required to meet the requirements of the job description.