Trainee Branch Manager - Rathcoole
Salary: €26,000 - €28,000
Graduate with some experience
Our client, a leading hire company in Europe, is seeking to hire a Trainee Branch Manager. They currently have two locations in Ireland, one in Rathcoole and one in Co Cork, the intention is to increase this presence. This role will be initially based in their Rathcoole Head Office for training purposes, and essentially will be acting as PA to the MD, shadowing and learning the job alongside the MD. Eventually, the successful candidate will progress to be competent in all operations of a branch and will have full operational and commercial responsibility of a branch.
The vision is that the 'Trainee Branch Manager' will come in and spend 3 months in accounts, 3 months with customer service, 3 months in the workshop prepping equipment with our foremen and 3 months in sales in order to gain a full understanding of the business. This introduction will give the candidate the broad, comprehensive product knowledge, an understanding of company, branch and individual objectives and targets, an insight into the customer base, and will allow them to become familiar with company commercial policies and procedures. This will all help give the candidate the best chance at success when they have completed their training.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures and basic employment law would be an advantage.
- In depth knowledge of market place and geographical area.
- Good working knowledge of the branch and industry.
- Knowledge of hire rates/haulier rates.
- Basic Engineering knowledge would be an advantage.
- Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Knowledge of Computer Systems essential.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (leadership, motivation, coaching, listening, body language).
- Excellent Selling/Negotiating skills - previous sales experience essential.
- Drivers Licence would be an advantage, successful candidate must be working towards gaining full Drivers Licence
- Good organisation skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Fully computer literate with full knowledge of MS Office packages.
- Encourage / Promote / Customer Focussed / Target Focussed / Self-Motivated / Team Player / Professional & Articulate.
- Receptive to change.
- Transparent open communicator.
- Resilient - able to cope with demands and workload.
- Proactive approach to change with a desire for personal development.
- Flexible attitude to work.
When you progress to Branch Manager, your day-to-day tasks would typically involve:
- Motivating staff through leadership, teamwork and personal example.
- Identify training and development needs by conducting regular performance reviews.
- Ensure performance standards are maintained and achieved in line with company objectives.
- Facilitate regular branch meetings.
- Effectively manage the day to day human resource issues such as recruitment, staff grievances, disciplinaries, effective deployment of staff, correct submission of time sheets.
- Monitor sales targets.
- Undertake site surveys to ensure provision of high quality service.
- Develop and maintain strong positive customer relationships.
- Responsible for the generation of profitable branch turnover and increase in customer base in order to maximise company profit by matching and exceeding budget while controlling costs.
- Manage stock inventory.
- Liaise with technical staff to ensure all equipment is maintained.
- Manage the cost-effective use of branch staff and service delivery.
- Produce and submit reports and documentation as required.
- To undertake training as required to meet the requirements of the job description.
If you are interested in this role, please send your cv to email@example.com
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client's requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.