Tax Free Technical Instructor - Avionics
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: €Neg DOE
Responsible for delivering effective and efficient training analysis, design, development and delivery of training solutions covering aircraft Avionic systems, Electrical, Instrument, Radio and Radar, including Workshop and flight line Practices, to meet the customer’s needs and requirements of the TSI (Training Studies Institute).
- Direct and lead specialist training functions and conduct specialist training in support of TSI.
- Ensure the general welfare of students in assigned areas during training activities and monitor their performance so that each individual achieves maximum progress towards the training objectives.
- Carry out analysis, design, production, development and delivery of new and existing training courses, ensuring they are aligned to meet the customer’s needs in terms of time, cost and specification. Research, write and validate advanced training notes. Deliver/Supervise practical based OJT / training consolidation.
- Provide specialist training inputs as a subject matter expert to the bidding process in response to customer enquiries and training proposals.
- Specify, design and develop appropriate and effective training aids – including computer aided instruction and advanced desktop training systems – to ensure course delivery within TSI, the customers’ training facilities, or in line with contractual deliverables.
- Produce training support materials – including curriculum, training objectives, syllabuses, course plans, and assessment and evaluation methods - to satisfy customers’ training requirements.
- Maintain and review the required levels of technical expertise to ensure compatibility with technical advances and in line with current and developing needs.
- Conduct cadet assessment and evaluation exercises and implement remedial action as required.
- Plan, control and deliver assigned courses, and contribute support to cross-discipline courses/investigations, ensuring requirements are delivered to plan.
- To counsel students with regard to their academic performance or behaviour as required.
- To maintain classroom procedures as published in the TSI. Such procedures will include the maintenance of discipline.
- To keep abreast of developments in his subject and be willing to attend staff development courses as required by the RSAF or Company.
- Detailed understanding of the design and operation of complex and integrated systems, enabling theoretical and practical applications to be utilised in both training and operational environments (e.g. sufficient to teach detailed maintenance procedure, fault diagnosis and defect rectification).
- Operation of complex training aids and simulators.
- Supervisory ability within an operational training environment.
- Sound business awareness. Good interpersonal skills to be able to teach specialist skills and knowledge across a range of cultures, status, intellect and technical ability.
- Well motivated, adaptable and flexible to enable the job holder to operate in a highly complex technical environment, where the integration of a wide range of skills is necessary to ensure the prime objectives are met, with the minimum of supervision.
- Understands what is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Strong analytical skills; good knowledge of relevant analytical techniques.
- Able to apply relevant internal and external processes and procedures for self and others.
- Detailed knowledge in the operation and use of IT systems to support relevant systems (computer aided instruction, desktop publishing, databases, training development software).
- Well-developed planning and organising skills to meet the precise timings required by training programmes and programme plans.
- A City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance (Military Aircraft Avionics) or equivalent in the Aircraft Avionics discipline.
- English Language ability to IELTS 6.0 or equivalent achieved within the last 2 years for non-native speakers.
- Graduate of an advanced military trade school or an EASA Part 147 training establishment and have 5 years practical experience across the full range of aircraft Avionics systems.
- A recognised formal instructor qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years teaching/instructional experience within the last 6 years.
- Familiarity with a Defence College of Aeronautical Engineering (DCAE) Cosford Syllabus is desirable.
- The ability to deliver course material in clear and appropriately graded English is essential.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client's requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Firstaff Personnel Consultants,
85/86 Grafton Street,
Dublin 2, Ireland.
Email : email@example.com
Phone :+353 1 6797766
Mobile : +353 86 252 9015
Web Page: https://www.firstaff.ie/aviation/
Linkedin : https://ie.linkedin.com/in/pauldooley