Area Manager - Education Sector
Salary: €35K to start (increase to 37.5K following a successful 6-month probation period) Car (provided for business travel + expenses) + Bonus structure (performance based)
Working Hours: 35 hrs per week (flexibility to work outside of these hours - time off in lieu provided)
**NB: Only candidates who have a Primary Degree in Education/Teaching will be considered**
- Minimum Leaving Certificate or equivalent with a good standard of English & Maths
- Experience working with a franchise or an understanding of the franchise business model, an advantage
- Business development experience
- Full, clean driving licence
The Purpose of the Role:
You will support our franchisee instructors through regular visits, individual meetings and provide hands-on and practical support to them including mentoring, coaching and training to ensure they exceed individual and company targets for growth and retention.
You will also review and provide support and guidance in the assessment of franchisee performance by providing suggestions and advice on franchisee Instructors can manage their study centres more productively - assessing market conditions and creating initiatives to build brand awareness.
You will complete an Area Manager training programme and he instructionally proficient in our Method of Learning to support Instructors in their instructional development, encouraging new ideas and initiatives to guarantee the overall success of the franchisee business.
You will report to the Regional Manager (UK & Ireland). You will join an existing team to support approx. 15-20 franchises in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Fully engage in and successfully complete the Area Manager Training Programme.
- Proactively and effectively support the development of study centres, ensuring all centres in your geographical area reach and maintain the expected instructional and operational quality standards, enabling them to meet growth and achievement targets.
- Initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all franchisee Instructors in your assigned territory.
- Consistently maintain an effective, regular, study centre visit schedule with all franchisees in your assigned area and to provide timely and detailed centre information to franchisees and Line Manager i.e. current performance levels, proposals and guidance information on improvement areas, as well as detailed strategic improvement and development plans where necessary.
- Conduct regular study centre/franchisee visits and engaging in all aspects of study centre activities, including but not limited to conducting student enrolments, attending and providing support to franchisees at their study centre events i.e. award ceremonies and national campaign initiatives.
- Accountable and responsible for managing your own territory in line with company Educational policies, procedures and objectives.
- Develop, present and implement a full area annual strategy and action plan to Senior Management and ensure objectives are fully met within the agreed timescales.
- Effectively monitor franchisee study centre performance and liaising closely with company Associates to develop effective systems and good practice in order to improve study centre development.
- Provide relevant advice and guidance to franchisees across business areas, including but not limited to marketing, human resources, finance etc.
- Regularly liaise with Regional Manager and Senior Management team to identify any issues and concerns regarding study centre development within your territory and to develop and implement positive change as and when required.
- Take responsibility for assigned project work i.e. organising franchisee workshops, meetings and organising and co-ordinating franchisee events on a local and national level such as the franchisee Instructor conference.
- Assist and support franchisees to complete the programmes, through own proficiency in client worksheets.
- Be proactive and committed to an ongoing programme of professional self-development.
- Produce, monitor and review accurate records including statistical information as and when required.
- Attend supervision, training and meetings (often outside of normal working times and at weekends).
- Positively promote our Educational policies and/or procedures including but not limited to, health and safety matters.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client's requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Firstaff Personnel Consultants,
85/86 Grafton Street
Tel: 01 6797766
Web page: https://www.firstaff.ie/jobs
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shane-nolan-952617153/