IT Helpdesk - Immediate start
Location: Dublin City Centre
Salary: €30k DOE
Our Client is a leading educator in the contemporary music space, with several european locations.
To provide a fast and responsive local IT support service to the college team which is consistent and compliant with the Client IT policies and procedures. To also complete tasks to support the Client IT team in implementing new technical features.
- To provide an excellent IT service and support to all students at the college.
- Providing excellent local IT support service to the college team.
- Ensuring a technical infrastructure which is compliant and consistent with the Client IT Policy.
- Supporting the Client IT team on the implementation of technical projects.
- Highly organised and focused in delivering a fast and high-quality support service.
- Excellent administrative skills and experience in managing their own work-plan.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good customer facing skills.
- Experience of supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft office applications.
- An understanding of TCP IP protocols.
- Experience with printer management.
- Experience with Mac operating Systems.
- 1st line or 2nd line experience within a technical role ideally within the HE sector, but not essential.
- Technical qualifications would be helpful bit not essential, full training will be provided.
- Knowledge of patch management.
- Knowledge of VOIP phones.
- Experience of Active Directory and 365 user account management.
- To provide 1st line and 2nd line support to all staff in the respective college and escalate calls where necessary to Dublin IT support.
- To ensure that all Client infrastructure services including network connectivity, phone and wireless service issues along with core software services are escalated to the relevant parties within a suitable time frame.
- To set-up college staff on the desk-tops, laptops, phones, MACs (not music production equipment).
- To actively use and review the Client IT Helpdesk log to ensure that all college issues are logged and prioritised.
- To manage all college technical assets and to liaise with Client Finance on asset purchase, location and disposal.
- To liaise with the college business system super-users to deploy systems/software across college users.
- To perform local IT tasks related to project or service affecting work (eg network line failover procedures).
- To maintain local records of user signed IT Policies and Acceptable Usage Policy.
- Travel to the UK quarterly over the year for meetings.
- The role may involve out of hours on call support on a rota basis in the future.
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties in keeping with the nature of the post as directed by, and agreed with, the Executive Principal.
NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client's requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Firstaff Personnel Consultants,
85/86 Grafton Street
Tel: 01 6797766
Web Page: https://www.firstaff.ie/construction-jobs-ireland/
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robmcgrath1/