Senior Analyst - Data Science
Location: Dublin City Centre
Salary: €70k DOE
*NB: You must have an EU passport or a Work Permit to work in Ireland, to be considered for this role*
Our client is a technology-focused digital marketing agency providing managed services, software solutions and consultancy on to a range of clients including 2K Games, TM Lewin and Photobox.
You’ll join colleagues in their Dublin city centre office in a team of 46 who come from a range of backgrounds and perspectives. They work hard, challenge each other, and together achieve great things.
This role would be exclusively focused on their 2K client. They are expanding their relationship with our client rapidly, including a large number of roles with the broad Analytics & Insight field.
Each week in 2K a myriad of problems will come across your desk. Equipped with a logical mind-set, a wide range of technical skills and a firm focus, you will be encouraged to solve these problems and thereby improve the performance of the company as a whole.
The approach to solving these problems are split into 3 distinct types of tasks:
- Day-to-Day Data Analysis: The successful candidate will regularly work with a range of different stakeholders to help them better understand the game performance. This process often involves utilising existing data-sets and developing reports to solve pressing business problems.
- Advanced Data Analytics: Certain problems require in-depth thought & time to solve. The successful candidate will often deep-dive into specific significant problems which require multiple weeks to resolve. This process often involves sourcing a diverse range of weird and wonderful data-sets, and developing techniques to easily access the valuable insight hidden therein.
- Predictive Modelling: Certain problems require long-term solutions. When these are identified, development of a predictive model is commissioned and worked on. These projects often take multiple months to complete. The successful candidate is likely to be tasked with building models which predicts specific aspects of customer behaviour.
Desired Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will have a balance of most of the following qualities, and hopefully a few that we haven’t thought of:
- Numerate, analytical, and curious: This role requires numerical, analytical, and technical ability, all at a high level. Ability to apply these abilities, creatively and consistently, to real world problems in a fast-paced business setting.
- Data: A minimum of 3 years of experience in a data-driven environment, and a track-record of high-quality output and innovation. Able to source, process, store and analyse large data sets.
- Technical ability: Advanced technical skills are desirable, for example SQL, Python, C#/VB/Java, and Excel.
- Agile learning: You’re highly motivated and a quick learner.
- Accountability: You have the confidence and ability to tackle new initiatives with little guidance.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client's requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Firstaff Personnel Consultants,
85/86 Grafton Street
Tel: 01 6797766
Web Page: https://www.firstaff.ie/it-jobs-dublin/