Receptionist / Admin Assistant
Location: City – Charlemont Luas (D2/6)
The Receptionist to provide an efficient friendly Reception service, often working on own initiative, carrying out administration and formalities duties to a high standard. Accuracy and speed of work is essential. Prioritising workload to meet deadlines requested by both staff and clients. The Receptionist must ensure that all visitors / clients are received and dealt with in a professional and courteous manner. The Receptionist represents the image and standards of our client therefore the first impression is crucial to perception. The Receptionist must remain flexible in support of colleagues and retain the ability to prioritise workload while ensuring security of the premises. Also, to provide a professional, friendly and capable reception service at all times, ensuring that visitors and staff are welcomed to the site.
Key Attributes Essential for the Role:
- The ability to deal politely and efficiently with public and staff. Be responsive to customer service requirements. Exercise tact, patience, diplomacy and professionalism at all times in responding to callers, regardless of customers’ issue or demeanour.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to speak in a clear and articulate manner particularly on the telephone.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- The ability to work without supervision.
- The ability to manage, identify and prioritise your own workload.
- Ability to record information accurately.
- Demonstrate empathy and sensitivity.
- Be reliable, polite and courteous.
- Understand and maintain confidentiality.
Key Duties - Receptionist:
- Receive, direct and relay telephone messages providing factual information to callers and e-mailers as required in a professional and friendly manner. Take clear messages with all the relevant information if that person is not available.
- Answer all calls in a professional manner, within the first three rings.
- Understand basic Health & Safety principles identified by the Practice Manager.
- Forward and analyse all emails and deliver to the relevant department and assist with our double-check system.
- Assist attorney by analysing incoming mail, faxes, and email for pertinent data to be entered into system resulting in an efficient response.
- Greet and assist clients, maintenance personnel and visitors.
- Complete initial entry into CRM.
- Maintain the library, including binding yearly publications, updating manuals, filing of fees and general correspondence.
- Assist in the planning, preparation of meetings (including lunch) and conference calls.
- Respond to public inquiries.
- Organise couriers for and record details for Accounts.
- Arrange taxis for clients, etc.
- Responsibility for the stationary inventory and order, toners, photocopier faults, recycling and other equipment repair.
- To ensure cover is provided in Reception at all required times.
- Responsibility for filing Irish Validations through to completion.
- Keep the front desk and front hall areas neat and organised.
- Initiate emergency procedures as warranted by and consistent with assigned location emergency response guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional integrity at all times.
- Provide daily password to customer for wireless connection.
- Open the switchboard promptly at designated opening time and secure the switchboard after closing time.
- Preparing client portfolio reports/reciprocity reports.
- Amend standard letters and SOPs in event of law or procedural changes as required.
- Assist with the training of new employees.
- Assist in resolving database and departmental issues and identifying system enhancements to processes, procedures and policies in order to gain maximum advantage of our automated databases.
- Assist with ad hoc administration tasks and specific projects assigned by an appropriate supervisor; including assisting the Accounts department with debt collection, ad hoc duties, and the Formalities team with general correspondence.
- Sales and marketing team member, including brochure maintenance.
Key Duties – Admin Assistant:
- Preparing documentation for filing applications and completing online filing forms.
- Enter Assignments on internal system, update existing records, check official notifications, reports to clients and amend trademark portfolios that have been transferred from one agent to another.
- To assist in the daily operations of the accounts department, particularly prompt & accurate uploading of electronic invoices & management of E-Billing systems.
- Using a variety of internal and external software packages, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. to produce correspondence, documents, presentations, records and spreadsheets.
- Ensuring that all new and existing files and electronic records are complete and accurate.
- Ensuring all database records are updated when tasks are completed by, or on behalf of, the attorney.
- Collating incoming correspondence with any relevant physical file on behalf of the attorney.
- Assisting attorney with managing incoming correspondence to ensure an efficient response by analysing incoming mail, faxes, and email for pertinent events or deadlines to be docketed in the database and notifying Diary Administrator accordingly.
- Preparing client reports and reciprocity reports as required.
- Learning to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Managing projects, and contributing to productivity and sales groups.
- Assisting in the training of new employees as requested.
- Assisting in resolving database issues and identifying system enhancements to processes, procedures and policies in order to gain maximum advantage of our automated databases.
- Undertaking specific projects as directed from time to time to assist an attorney or team member.
- Attention to detail paramount
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client's requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Firstaff Personnel Consultants
85-86 Grafton Street
Tel: + 353 1 6797766
Web Page: https://www.firstaff.ie/admin-jobs-ireland/
Linked In: https://ie.linkedin.com/pub/angela-dunne/10/159/115