€60 – 65k DOE
**** Interviews week commencing 6th January 2020****
Our client wishes to appoint a General Manager to implement and oversee all of the delegated responsibilities and tasks necessary to ensure the efficient and effective achievement of the objectives and work of the organisation. The successful applicant will report to the Board in general regarding the delivery of the client’s Strategic Plan, Annual Plan and Budget, support for the Board and its Committees, HR matters and other matters as set out in the delegated responsibilities adopted by the Board.
These responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- The monitoring of accounts and the production of timely and accurate reports to the Finance, Audit and Risk Standing Committee and the Board.
- Ensuring that the organisation is and remains compliant with all its legal requirements and that it conducts its business in line with best governance practices.
- Engaging with all internal and external stakeholders, including individuals nominated to represent the Council on external Boards/committees, to be aware of and influence matters relevant to the objects and work of the organisation and working with the appropriate Committee(s) to have these debated and acted upon to inform the client’s ongoing policy positions.
- Providing and overseeing secretarial and administrative support to the Board and all its Committees as set out in the Constitution and in the organisation of all meetings, conferences etc.
- Providing support for the establishment, development and sustainability of various bodies
- Establishing and maintaining communications and information sources to inform and advise parents and pupils on key aspects of the operations of the secondary school’s system.
- Managing all staff, ensuring compliance with all employment legislation.
Personal Qualities of the Successful Applicant:
- An experienced manager with not-for-profit experience— strategically focused as well as operationally and administratively effective.
- Able to demonstrate where initiative added to the outcomes in previous roles.
- Knowledgeable about the generality of the secondary education system and the key current issues.
- Strongly orientated towards project management and service delivery, with a track record of meeting or exceeding goals and experience of creating and driving opportunities to advance the interests of an organisation while managing budgets and finances.
- Familiarity with governance issues, policy matters and risk management.
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills, capable of influencing and motivating others.
- Experience building and sustaining relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders to further organisational interests within a complex stakeholder environment.
- An articulate, informed communicator – with the ability and credibility to serve as a public face of the client.
- Experience of working positively with boards and operating at a strategic level (with the ability to ‘think strategically’).
- Demonstrable track record of implementing organisational change and continuous improvement to evolve capability and capacity.
- A solid understanding of the role of a representative organisation, with significant relevant experience
- Ability to develop strategic relationships with government departments and bodies.
- Able to develop and maintain close relationships with the Board and Committee members and all parents’ representatives both nationally and locally.
- Ability to prepare business plans and budgets, to achieve their targets and to report to the Board in an accurate and timely manner on their implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an inclusive leadership style.
- Ability in the areas of public relations, communications and journalism, public speaking, presentation and representation with the ability to positively influence and manage media and stakeholder relations.
- Understanding of organisational support systems & public funding processes.
- Experience of Human Resource practices and issues.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ideally, the individual will have considerable experience in general management and running of a voluntary body, charity organisation or NGO operating at national or international level.
- An appropriate third-level qualification will be an advantage.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client's requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Firstaff Personnel Consultants
85-86 Grafton Street
Tel: + 353 1 6797766
Web Page: https://www.firstaff.ie/jobs
Linked In: https://ie.linkedin.com/pub/angela-dunne/10/159/115