Operational Risk Manager - Banking background
Salary: €60-85K Neg DOE + 25% bonus + excellent benefits.
Location: Dublin City Centre
Our client, having successfully restructured the company is now keen to hire an experience Operational Risk Manager for their retail financial services business. The Retail Business already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person. They aim to re-invent the network nationally, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society.
About the role:
Reporting to the Financial Services Director, the Financial Services Risk Manager is responsible for the implementation of risk frameworks and policies across the First Line of Defence in line with increasing regulatory expectations and requirements. The successful candidate will assist in ensuring that Financial Services complies with appropriate policies and procedures, industry best risk management practices, and regulatory requirements in respect of risk. The Risk Manager will be involved in a wide variety of initiatives and projects, including the development of new products and services.
- Ensuring there are clear policies, procedures and controls in place covering all risks, including operational and compliance risks.
- Providing independent quality assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Financial Services control environment through the implementation of an assurance program that is flexible, adaptable and effective.
- Monitoring emerging trends relating to risk events, KRI’s or breaches of risk appetite and working collaboratively with First Line colleagues to ensure that risk management processes and controls are updated to address all changed requirements.
- Ensure that the risk and control assessment reporting process (including reporting to senior management) is well defined and effective.
- Liaising on an ongoing basis with the Retail Compliance Manager and his team, who will operate as a second line of defence, on issues related to the effective management of risk and compliance within the line in the Financial Services area
- Support the Financial Services operations management in interactions with, risk, compliance, internal and external auditors, in addition to reviewing and implementing all audit recommendations.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- You will have a professional qualification or relevant third level degree in Business, Finance or other quantitative discipline and relevant professional certifications e.g. Risk, Compliance, Data Protection
- You must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the area of financial services risk management
- You will have strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and be a team player with the ability to lead a team
- You will be a self-starter with the ability to take a strategic or operational perspective in developing solutions
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact across all areas of the organisation and at all levels, and the ability to maintain clear lines of communication and work effectively with First Line colleagues in the management and delivery of risk and control assessments.
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Results Focused
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
About the Benefits:
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client's requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Mary O Rourke
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Firstaff Personnel Consultants Ltd
85/86 Grafton Street
Mobile: 086 2632535
Web Page: https://www.firstaff.ie/jobs